20 things my kids should know about me....
My friend Tammy has started this on her own blog and has been pestering me (joke) about doing my own. She is actually quite an awesome friend and I can't think of a better friend to have. I at first didn't want to post anything because my honesty may upset some of those who don't want to hear the truth or what I think or believe, but right now I am choosing to do as I please and get out of my comfort zone (even if anything I might say may upset others). So here goes...
20 Random facts about myself...
1. I never noticed but i tend to butter, mayonnaise, tuna, egg salad etc. to every edge of the bread. No idea why, my husband had actually pointed it out I didn't believe him til one day I happened to catch myself doing so. I guess maybe its lopsided with out every edge covered or perhaps its like art you got to paint the whole thing to make it look good. Who knows... maybe someone has a better guess than I do.
2. I talk backwards (as my husband calls it). I know what I want to say, but yet it comes out being a either or question or answer. My husband says he has to stop and think before he replies or jumps to conclusion if I am being rude. Which I totally am not. I have always been a backwards person, but hey it keeps people on there toes and makes me a bit different than others. And it definitely keeps things interesting.
3. I hate crumpled up paper anything. I cringe every time I have to pick up something some one has scrunched and balled up. I feel it has hidden germs, bugs and other weird things that's gonna come out and crawl all over me. Just thinking about it makes me cringe and send chills up my spine. If I can I will have someone else do the dirty job of picking it up. Which is odd cause i have no problems cleaning out a dirty trash can, dog/human/cat vomit or a dirty toilet...go figure.
4. Loogies aaaaggghhhhh the only thing that wants me to hurl the cookies. I can handle anything from blood, cleaning vomit, to what they hell is in your sink pipes, and your not sure what that is but you touch it anyway. But a person in front of me doing that hacking gotta get as much of it as I can so I can spit it out, yeah even if i hear it you better watch for those cookies hitting your toes or running your direction. And Nate if you read this and decide your willing to test that theory I will aim for you! That goes for my brother as well, cause I know how he likes to pick on me.
5. Ok 20 random facts are really hard to come up with and I am only on number 5? I'm already sweaty and blowing my bangs out of my face trying to figure out the next 15. This is really a lot to think about and almost as bad as taking a math test. You just blank! Which is what I do exactly to all math, my brain just shuts down and says UH UH NO WAY, your not gonna know this answer ever! MWAAAAHAAHAHA
6. I always read when I go to bed, my husband asks " When am I going to fall asleep?". I tell him oh I always fall asleep reading. Well in some ways that's true, it just usually happens around 3-4 a.m. He knows this I know this but it's always just that one more I can't stop reading it's to good of a story. I read while cooking. I have my tablet propped against the microwave above the stove so I don't miss that extra excitement of the book. But the BONUS is I don't burn my food, and it still comes out edible.
7. Flat soda, I tend to forget to put the lid back on my soda and leave it open to the wonderful air to pull all its wonderful fizzy bubbles out of it to taste like dirt, well maybe not dirt but you really can't explain away the taste of a flat soda, it's just plain nasty. Only problem is I keep drinking it. "WHY?" you ask well, my wonderful husband that he is see's it and puts the lid back on for me so i don't realize its flat. Now I'm trying to get him to stop doing that so I don't taste the horrible flatness of syrupy soda, unless he does it on purpose to get that extra laugh out of the messed up face I get when I take that first sip. Now I know the real reason he puts the lid back on. lol
8. I will never win the softest foot award! I am a person who enjoys no shoes, shoes kill!,They are nothing but a pain entrapment of torture derived to only make your life miserable. I only wear them when I have to, forget high heels I would break my neck first chance I got. I'm tall enough I don't need long legs or more height. they make perfectly good flat shoes and dress shoes and boots that are just as nice and fancy. So no worries about the closet full of shoes as you won't find that many in my house.
9. I worry every second that something may have happened to my kids whether there out on there own or just hanging with a friend. Every time I hear that dreaded siren go by I want to call and make sure your OK. I don't even though I have that very strong urge to do so. I am very protective and drive you nuts already and don't think you need me to call every time I hear that siren, cause then i would drive you even more crazy and make you turn off your phone then it would be never ending worry. So be lucky I talk myself out of it!
10. I love water, place me any where near a lake, stream, river, or an ocean and I will be the calmest person you know. Water soothes me, the smell the feel, everything about it is like that little bit of fairy dust that makes peter pan fly with so much enjoyment. If only we all had that feeling every day, we would be much happier people.
11. You remember me tucking you in at night, reading you stories and giving you a hug and kiss goodnight before you fell asleep, well guess what it didn't stop when you were young. I will still give you that hug every night even if your are 16,17,18, 23, 32 etc. As long as your in my home you get to know how much I love and care for you, but secretly wish I could give you a hug every night even when your not here. But the real secret is every night before I go to bed I come in and check on you, cover you up and kiss your forehead and say sweet dreams. Some day soon you will be out on your own, and I don't want to miss any chance I have with you, even if its oooh gross or MOOOOMMM!
12. Ok by this time I am preying to who knows what to give me the idea for the next random fact, cause everyone I come to I am in DUH mode. I do that a lot. I can totally space everything and blank. I even have to laugh at myself as I do it way to often, sometimes in the middle of something I am saying. I lost myself and the traffic jammed up and movement ceases to exist.
13. I am very OCD about cleaning my house and organizing shelves. I can't even stand the remote on the coffee table, it has to be out of site next to the T.V, my kitchen cabinets have all boxed, canned, jarred etc, food in order. Not alphabetically just peas with peas, corn with corn and cream corn with cream corn etc. Living in small space while trying to build a house is driving me crazy cause no matter how much you clean 1 thing out of place makes the entire room look a mess. BUT I don't have a problem with anyone else's house just mine. I could walk into a tornado and not even care.
14. I love to craft whether its wood crafts (which is something my husbands dad taught me to do.) which I enjoy to the fullest or other different types of crafting, the skies the limit. I keep saying I should sell stuff I create, but I can't help but give things away. I love the looks of surprise and smiles on others when I do. Some people don't get random gifts or have that many people who care for them. When you put a smile on someones face it makes there day a little brighter and sometimes has the effect of pay it forward. There's never a time you can't make someone smile or hold a door or give a gift. Even if it's anonymous.
15. I write poetry and am told very well. I don't share it with many people. As a matter of fact my husband is the only one who knows I write them. Well till tonight when I read some of them to my best friend who I trust completely. She was surprised to hear them and liked them and was shocked since we have know each other for a few years. I don't share them due to a full binder (one of the thick ones) of my poetry being stolen. Why, I have no idea unless they were laying claim to them as there own work.
16. I wrote a Halloween story about a little lost pumpkin and all his friends, but I can't seem to make myself write the ending. Partly I don't want to see it end, and the other comes back to the poetry being stolen. My kids and others I have read it to (the part I do have written) have there complete and full attention on the story, and ask why it just stops. Maybe one day I will finish it...but my writing for me is sacred. Its my hopes, my dreams and personal for me. When someone takes what you have written it's like taking a piece of you with it.
17. I don't mind getting my hands dirty, I can be right out there with you helping on a car getting all greasy and oily (Ok, keep it clean everyone!) if you let me, I will dig in the dirt and not care about the gunk under my nails. I love the squishy feeling of raw meat (hamburger) between my fingers, its weird it's cool, it's slimy. And if I can gross out my kids by making them help soooo much the better. hahahahaha (evilly) We also play what we call apple ball every year, with the apples that fall to the ground. The softer the better as the explosion of bits and pieces and juices go flying. On more than one occasion (mostly more) you have to take a shower after playing.
18. Wow 3 to go I think I have run out, my mind is a boggle full of jumble. Shheeesshhh this is difficult. I like to go to thrift stores with your dad and yard sales and see what cool and random things we can find. We have done this since we got together 17 years ago. Sometimes we find nothing, sometimes we find things that make us cringe and wonder what were people thinking, and other times we get lucky and find something we like.
19. Riding on the back of your dads motorcycle is the best free time I get with him. I am wrapped around him with love in my heart, its like flying for me since I can't stand to be off the ground to far. He will randomly put his hand on mine to make sure I am ok or that my hands are warm while riding, even on a chilly day he will spread his arms out a little further to catch most of the wind to keep it from hitting me. The closeness and time together is something we cherish and enjoy together. Most of the time we ride somewhere quiet and without people and just relax and look at the scenery while cuddling and chatting about many different things.These are the moments I enjoy most with him.
And finally down to 20 whew
20. Wrapping your gifts, and watching you try to find them for the whole month til x-mas is hilarious especially when there directly under your nose and you walk by them every day and don't even know it. It's so much fun to see the little treasure hunt you go on just to shake those boxes and guess what you might have got. Like the guitar we got Kay and broke a mayonnaise jar into a smaller box and stuck it inside the bigger box with the guitar, so it would throw her off. Or the many different things into one box to keep you guessing and have that quizzical look on your face. I will always be smarter than you when it comes to hiding and making you guess to make sure your powers of "I know what it is!" doesn't exist. lol No matter how many times you try and get me to tell you, which is about a dozen or more times a day all of my kids ask me. You can not wait, it kills all three of you to wait til that special Christmas morning, or birthday. I don't know where you got your very "I can't waaaiiiiiittttt!" , cause it definitely wasn't from your father or I. Although the hunt every year and the guessing games is always great entertainment and almost a tradition with our family. One I and your father enjoy every year.
Well finally we come to the end of the 20 facts. Phew didn't think it was ever going to end, and glad none of the other question ask you to name that many. lol Will try to post one every day.